Garnet abrasive sand is a naturally occurring silicate mineral deposit. The harder species of abrasive garnet like almandine are used for abrasive purposes and have a hardness on the Mohs scale of about 6.5 to 7.5. Once extracted, garnet sand is washed, processed, and screened to the necessary abrasive grade for use as an abrasive media.
Abrasive Garnet sand can be recycled and used as an economical alternative to Aluminium Oxide Girt, Chilled Iron, or Steel Grit shot. Garnet Abrasive generally creates less dust than other abrasive shot.
Key Features of Abrasive Garnet Sand:
1. Abrasive Garnet sand is mined from almandine and andradite mineral deposits in China.
2. Garnet Sand is a semi-precious stone.
3. Once extracted, it is washed, processed, and screened to the necessary grade for use as an abrasive media.
4. It breaks down less readily.
5. Garnet abrasive sand is one of the most effective, safe, and versatile media for blast cleaning.
Grade of Garnet Abrasive Blasting Media:
1. Rock Sand Garnet
2. Sea sand Garnet
3. Abrasive garnet sand 30/60 mesh medium
4. Abrasive garnet sand 20/40 mesh fine.
Benefits of Garnet Abrasive Sand Blasting Media
Abrasive Garnet sand is the optimum abrasive for use in our SAT Blast Wet Blast Unit for most applications.
Clean – Garnet abrasive sand produces less dust than other expendable abrasives, making it ideal for use in tanks and other confined spaces.
Cost-Effective – Garnet sand abrasive lasts a long time.
Garnet Abrasive is semi reusable and can be re-used several times under correct conditions. It does break down quicker than fully re-usable abrasives such as aluminium oxide.
Optimum Surface Profile – garnet abrasive creates a superior surface for adhesion coating.
Environmentally Friendly – Abrasive Garnet Sand is inert and non-toxic, making it safe for use around bodies of water. It is also very easy to clean, whilst its durability reduces the generation of dust.